Right side dull pain
by Effiong Okonessien
Nam: OKONESSIEN EFFIONG
I have been having a right side dull pain. I have never had any history of surgical operation. I think i started noticing it in 2009, i use to be a mild body builder so i had never thought it be anything serious. I usually fell the dull pain when i have a strong stool( strong pup).
Also, after taking alcohol and also when i bend to lift something heavy. It comes and goes that why i have't been able to tell it to a doctor.
Until recently i started feeling it day and night. I wake up from sleep feeling a dull pain as if something had frozen up in my stomach.
I really don not know which of the diseases i should associate the symptom with. Can i get expert help.
Dear Mr OKONESSIEN EFFIONG,
Thank you for contacting us regarding this right side dull pain you described above. Do you mind providing us with further information on the nature of the pain?
- First, how old are you - roughly; you don't have to be precise.
- Where exactly on the right side is it? Is it in the right upper side or lower side?
- Is the pain there always, every day, or sometimes? And if sometimes, when? What brings it on - eating, or moving or straining / lifting as you explained above, or anything else?
- How bad would you describe the pain in terms of severity - on a scale of 0 to 10; 0 being no pain and 10 being the worst pain ever that could be described, where would you say your pain is?
- When you have the pain, is there anything else that happens as well - do you feel like vomiting or retching?
- Any weight loss?
- What are your bowel motions like? Do you go to toilet regularly? Has there been any blood in your stool or change in the colour of your stool?
- Anything else you would like to tell us about?
Answers to these questions will help in shedding light on the most likely cause of your right side dull pain.
Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.
Dr O Edema.